Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
From Cooking Light, November 2007.
- 1 whole head of garlic
- 1 cup water
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package sun-dried tomatoes, packed without oil
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 (15 7/8 ounce) can great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Remove white papery skin from garlic head (do not peel or separate the cloves).
- Wrap head in foil.
- Bake at 375F for 45 minutes; cool for 10 minutes.
- Separate cloves; squeeze to extract garlic pulp.
- Discard skins.
- Bring 1 cup water to a boil in a saucepan.
- Add tomatoes; cover and remove from heat.
- Let stand 10 minutes.
- Drain tomatoes in a colander over a bowl, reserving 1/4 cup liquid.
- Place garlic pulp, tomatoes, 1/4 cup reserved liquid, oil, and remaining ingredients in a food processor; process until smooth.