Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
From Every Day with Rachael Ray November 2008
- 2 heads cauliflower, trimmed and separated into 2-inch florets (about 5 pounds)
- 2 heads garlic, separated into unpeeled cloves, pointed ends trimmed
- 1⁄3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- Position a rack in the upper third of the oven and preheat to 500°. Place the cauliflower and garlic cloves on a large rimmed baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, combine the olive oil, salt, cumin and pepper. Drizzle the seasoned oil over the cauliflower and garlic; toss to coat.
- Spread the vegetables in a single layer and roast until the cauliflower is tender and lightly charred, 25 minutes.
- Let cool slightly, then, using your fingers, squeeze the roasted garlic cloves out of their skins into a large serving bowl; discard the skins.
- Add the roasted cauliflower and almonds to the garlic and toss.
Very good with lots of roasted garlic and almonds.