Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
The perfect combination, even my kids will inhale this!
- 3 cups cubed peeled butternut squash
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 8 shallots, peeled and halved lengthwise
- Preheat oven to 475.
- Combine ingredients in bowl.
- Pour into a lightly sprayed jellyroll pan.
- Bake at 475 for 20 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally.
Delicious. Two of use ate all of it. I tossed it under the broiler to put a brown crust on the squash pieces, after cooking at 475 for about 25 minutes.
I have made this recipe many times for company and my guests always leave asking for the recipe. You can use whatever onions you have on hand, plus I substitute maple syrup for the brown sugar and that works well too.
We loved this! I only had 2 shallots so I used onions as well. We actually liked the onions the best. We will be making this again!