Recipe by CountryLady
This recipe from Canadian Living magazine has been in my "recipes to try file" since Nov 2003. I finally did so last night & wish I had done so much sooner. Its so easy & the flavour combination is so good!
Top Review by still learning 09
I'm not a fan of tarragon, so I nixed that. Instead I squeezed some lemon juice in with the olive oil while sauteing and increased the pepper. This was my 1st time trying beets NOT out of a can & WOW! These are great! Wear gloves while preparing if you don't wont red fingers. This is how I will prepare fresh beets from here on out. Yum!
- 2 heads garlic
- 6 medium beets, scrubbed & trimmed (about 1 1/4 lbs)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon (or 1 tsp dried)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Separate garlic cloves from head & peel.
- Place garlic & beets in a sheet of aluminum foil that has been lightly spritzed with cooking spray; roast in preheated 375F oven until tender, about 1 1/2 hours or 1 hour for smaller beets.
- Let beets cool enough to handle & cut into wedges; set garlic & beets aside.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat; cook tarragon, salt & pepper, stirring constantly, for 2 minutes.
- Add beets & garlic; toss gently to coat & heat through, about 2 minutes.