Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
From the June 2003 volume of "Table".
- 4 bananas, firm,ripe
- 2 tablespoons raw sugar
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 25 g butter, chilled and chopped
- 1⁄4 cup maple syrup
- 4 scoops vanilla ice cream
- 2 limes, zest of
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees C.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Halve each banana lengthways leaving the skin on.
- Place on the baking tray flesh side up.
- Sprinkle top of each banana with sugar and lime juice and dot with the butter.
- Bake for 15 minutes until softened and golden with dark skins.
- Serve drizzled with maple syrup and topped with icecream and zest.
This is very yummy! I have enjoyed it with my college friends so many times at my home:)
This is so simple and yummy! Another good way to do this is with rum instead of the lime and dulce de leche to replace the maple syrup. Thanks for posting this!