Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
From Cooking Light September 2007. We really enjoyed the sauce. I still cooked it about 12 minutes even with more than a layer of asparagus in the pan.
- 2 lbs asparagus spears, trimmed
- 4 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon lemon rind, grated
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Combine asparagus, 2 teaspoons olive oil, salt, and garlic in a large bowl, tossing well to coat. Arrange asparagus mixture in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake at 425° for 12 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Combine remaining 2 teaspoons oil, rind, juice, mustard, and pepper in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk. Arrange asparagus on a platter; drizzle juice mixture over asparagus. Sprinkle with parsley.