Recipe by bluemoon downunder
A delicious-sounding pesto I found this morning while at the hairdresser's. I usually come away with a few recipes! :) From the February/March issue of the New Zealand magazine 'dish', and recommended as being excellent with grilled vegetables, salmon, fish and chicken and as mixing well with bitter leaves such as witlof and raddichio.
Top Review by Nif
I really like almonds and parmesan so this really appealed to me. The only problem I had was that the garlic was very overwhelming so I would cut back on it for sure. And I like garlic! I made this exactly as listed and topped it with some toasted almond slivers. Made for Went to the Market. Thanks! :)
- 59.14 ml almonds, skin on, roasted, roughly chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 118.29 ml parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 44.37 ml lemon juice
- 78.07 ml apple juice
- 59.14 ml olive oil
- sea salt, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the almonds, garlic, Parmesan cheese and lemon juice in a food processor and pulse to roughly chop.
- Combine the apple juice and olive oil and, with the motor running, drizzle it in to make a thick, chunky sauce; season with salt and pepper, to taste.