Best Red Pesto Sauce
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup sun-dried tomato, drained and chopped
- 3 cups fresh basil leaves (loosely packed)
- 3 -4 cloves fresh garlic
- 1⁄2 cup fresh grated parmesan cheese or 1/2 cup romano cheese
- 1⁄2 cup pine nuts or 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- black pepper
- In a food processor or blender, blend the tomatoes, basil and garlic.
- Add the grated cheese, nuts and 1/4 cup olive oil; blend well.
- Add the remaining 1/4 cup olive oil, salt and pepper; blend well.
- Store in the fridge, or separate evenly in icecube containers and freeze.
- Use in pasta dishes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Made this recipe almost as directed, using 4 large cloves of garlic, half parmesan & half romano, the pine nuts, & then lemon pepper instead of the usual S&P! Also took the tip & froze most of it in icecube form! Among other things, we already like using some of it as an added thin layer topping on a frozen pizza! Thanks for sharing a great recipe! [Made & reviewed in Tag It RED!]