Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
From Everyday Foods
- 2 acorn squash, seeded and cut into 8 wedges
- 8 shallots, peeled and separated into lobes if large
- 6 small fresh rosemary sprigs
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons coarse salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Combine all ingredients on a large, rimmed baking sheet.
- Toss well to coat and spread in a single layer.
- Roast, stirring once halfway through, until the squash is browned and tender, 35-40 minutes.
Fantastic! I used all the ingredients but instead of stirring everything together, I just simply basted on the olive oil and vinegar, then sprinkled the rest. What a great, easy, healthy and scrumptious way to make squash!
This was very tasty and had the advantage over other acorn squash recipes of not requiring you to peel the squash (which is really an unpleasant chore with the acorn squash!). Loved the balsalmic tang!