Whole Roasted Shallots and Potatoes With Rosemary
photo by -Sylvie-
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas 4.
- In a large baking tray mix the olive oil and balsamic vinegar (you can leave the balsamic vinegar out if you don't have any or don't like it), add the whole twigs of rosemary.
- Add the shallots and potatoes, stir so everything gets coated well.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Roast, uncovered, for approximately 1 hour or until the potatoes are tender. Depending on the size of the vegetables and your oven, they might take a little less or longer, according to some reviews it might be worth checking after about 45 minutes.
- Stir once or twice while roasting.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I always make my roasties this way but to allow them to still go crispy I would recommend making up the olive oil/ rosemary/ balsamic mixture in a pestle and mortar just after you've put the veggies in to roast then adding it to them after they've been in the oven for 15-30 minutes. This way I get the crispiness I love as well as the flavours :)
We loved this. I had some of those mini sweet bell peppers in the fridge which were added. I'm slow to the band wagon but this was my first time cooking with shallots! I guess I always figured that an onion was an onion! Boy was I wrong! The oven temperature amd time was spot on. Guess I'll be planting shallots this season. Thanks.
I had bought some lovely shallots and decided to try this recipe to use them. Serendipity!!! This recipe is outstanding! I did use the balsamic vinegar, and it lent a nice richness to the vegetables. They browned up beautifully. I had to use dried rosemary since I didn't have any fresh, and it tasted just fine. DH and I haven't been this excited about potatoes for a long time! Thanks, -Sylvie-!