Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
from McCormick & co.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon tarragon leaf, dried
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coarse black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 lb cherry tomatoes, halved
- 8 small shallots
- snipped fresh tarragon leaves
- Place chicken, breast side up, on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Stir together olive oil, tarragon, garlic, pepper, and salt in a med. bowl. Add tomatoes and shallots; toss to coat. Remove tomatoes and shallots; set aside. Brush chicken with remaining olive oil mixture. Roast in a 375* oven for 1 to 1 1/4 hours or until juices run clear. 180* on thermometer. During last 25 minute of cooking, arrange shallots around chicken in pan. During last 10 minute of roasting, arrange tomatoes around chicken in pan. Remove tomatoes, shallots, and chicken from the roasting pan. Cover chicken; let stand for 10 minute before carving. Serve chicken with shallots and tomatoes.