2 hrs 30 mins
I can't remember where I got this recipe from.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 3/4-2 kg pork loin (skin on)
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 900 g king edward potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- vegetable oil or lard or dripping
- 300 g cauliflower florets
- 200 g carrots
- 200 g green beans
- 300 g broccoli florets
- 2 tablespoons marmite
- 1 glass red wine
- 570 ml chicken stock
- 50 g butter
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas 4.
- 2Taking a sharp knife, score the skin of the pork 12 to 15 times.
- 3Rub the vinegar over the skin, mix together the salt and thyme and rub into the skin.
- 4Place on a roasting tray and roast for 1½ hours basting every 15 minutes or so.
- 5After about an hour, pour some of the fat juices into another tray and heat until smoking hot. Season the potatoes with salt and add them to the hot fat, spooning it over to make sure each piece is covered. Cook until crisp and brown, which will take about 40 minutes, turning occasionally.
- 6Whilst the meat is in the oven, pre-cook the vegetables separately in plenty of boiling salted water. Begin with the cauliflower, remove and plunge into cold water. Do the same with the carrots, beans and broccoli - in this order. Once they are all cooked and cooled, set aside until needed.
- 7Once the meat is cooked, remove from the tray and leave to stand. Pour off the excess fat.
- 8Place the oven tray on the stove, add the marmite, red wine and stock. Reduce, add half the butter and seasoning before passing through a sieve. Keep warm until needed.
- 9To serve, remove the roast potatoes and transfer to a serving dish. Reheat the vegetables in boiling salted water, tip into a serving dish and dot with butter. Remove the crackling, break into pieces and carve the meat. Pour the gravy into a jug.
Browse Our Top Pork Loins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roast Loin of Pork With Five Vegetables
Serving Size: 1 (737 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1351.7
- Calories from Fat 664
- Total Fat 73.8 g
- Saturated Fat 28.2 g
- Cholesterol 293.5 mg
- Sodium 567.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 63.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.4 g
- Sugars 9.7 g
- Protein 100.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white wine vinegar