1/1 Photo of Roast Chicken with Spiced Yogurt
1 hr 30 mins
1 hr 15 mins
A yummy make ahead dish! Lowfat and calorie if eaten without the skin. That way it has 165 calories and 5 grams of fat. Needs to marinate at leat 12 hours before cooking. Not included in prep time calculations.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 lbs broiler-fryer chickens
- 1/2 teaspoon water
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 cup plain nonfat yogurt
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1/4 cup water
- 1Rinse chicken and pat dry.
- 2Fold chicken wings across back so that the tipe touch.
- 3Tie or skewer the drumsticks to its tail.
- 4Place the chicken in a latge glass bowl.
- 5Mix the 1/2 teaspoon water and gound mustard in a small bowl.
- 6Stir in remaining ingredients except 1/4 cup water.
- 7Pour over chicken.
- 8Cover and refrigerate at least 12 hours, but no more than 24.
- 9Heat oven to 375.
- 10Remove chicken from marinade, reserve the marinade.
- 11Place the chicken on a rack in a shallow roasting pan.
- 12Roast chicken 1 hour or more, until juices run clear.
- 13Spoon the reserved marinade over the chicken when it has 30 minutes left to cook.
- 14Remove chicken from the roasting pan, and keep it warm.
- 15Stir the 1/4 cup water in the pan drippings, and heat until hot.
- 16Remove and discard the skin from the chicken.
- 17Serve the meat with the sauce.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roast Chicken with Spiced Yogurt
Serving Size: 1 (289 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 516.2
- Calories from Fat 309
- Total Fat 34.3 g
- Saturated Fat 9.8 g
- Cholesterol 171.0 mg
- Sodium 384.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 3.4 g
- Protein 44.7 g