Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a wonderful roast chicken. My kids love it.
- 1 (3 lb) chicken, skinned, cut into 8 pieces, and trimmed of all visible fat
- 1 lb small red potato, scrubbed and quartered
- 20 garlic cloves, unpeeled
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Spray a large roasting pan with olive oil nonstick spray.
- Combine the chicken, potatoes, garlic, carrots, rosemary, salt, and pepper in the pan.
- Add the oil and toss to coat.
- Bake, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are tender and the chicken is cooked through, about 50 minutes.