Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is Day 3: Lunch, on the 21 Day Wonder Diet. You can use whatever variety of cabbage you choose. You can buy the roast beef, already cooked, from the deli. Make the coleslaw the night before, then make the sandwich the next morning, or at lunch time. This lunch is to be followed by an afternoon snack of 1 small pear.
- 80 g cabbage, finely shredded
- 70 g carrots, grated
- 2 green onions, chopped finely
- 1⁄4 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 4 slices rare roast beef (120g)
- 4 slices rye bread
- Combine cabbage, carrot, onion, mayonnaise and juice in a medium bowl.
- Divide beef between two slices of bread; top with coleslaw, then remaining bread.
I do not like Rye, so I ended up using whole grain wheat for everything. I ate the cole slaw seperate from the sandmich and added some lettuce and tomatoe. I did not have Fat-Free Mayo, so I did 1 tbsp regular mayo and the rest I mixed in some Fat-Free Yogurt, which added a slight tartness. I also spiced the Coleslaw with Pepper, Celery Salt and a few mustard seeds. VERY YUMMY Lunch. I will have to make the Coleslaw again. TY for Reposting.