Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 40 mins
This delicious soup has all the flavour of a traditional risotto without all the tedious stirring.
Make and share this Risotto Soup With Peas, Mint and Feta recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 5 small beets, peeled and cubed
- 4 slices pancetta
- 2 sprigs rosemary, leaves only, chopped
- 7 ounces risotto rice
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 10 cups vegetable stock, hot
- 10 ounces frozen peas
- 1 lemon, grated rind and juice only
- 5 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 ounces of fresh mint, coarsely chopped
- Heat the oil in a large pan and cook the shallots, garlic, beetroot, pancetta and rosemary for a couple of minutes until softened.
- Add the rice and stir until coated in the oil, then cook until the rice begins to turn transparent. Pour in the wine and cook for a few minutes to allow the rice to absorb the wine and for the alcohol to cook off.
- Pour in the hot stock and simmer for 30-40 minutes until the rice is very soft.
- Add the peas and cook for a further 3 minutes, then stir in the lemon rind and juice and add plenty of freshly ground black pepper.
- To serve, ladle the soup into bowls and scatter over the feta and chopped mint.