Recipe by sugarpea
This is a mild, smooth and creamy rice dish that works nicely as a foil for spicy entrees. Terrific comfort food. Because the risotto is baked, you don't have to stand and stir it for twenty-five minutes. Love the sage in this.
Top Review by Maiya
I did have to make a change because there were no shallots at the grocery store. Instead, I carmelized an onion and threw that it. I will be making this fairly often. it was very yummy and very easy and quick.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 shallots, minced
- 1 cup arborio rice
- 1⁄8 teaspoon crunbled saffron thread
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh sage, plus more for garnish
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, cut in pieces
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 450°; in a medium saucepan saute shallots in oil until soft, 2-3 minutes; add rice and stir until coated with oil, 2 minutes.
- Stir in saffron and wine and cook, stirring, until liquid is absorbed, 3-5 minutes; add the stock, sage, salt and pepper: cover and bake 25 minutes or until all the stock is absorbed.
- Dot the top of the rice with the butter, arrange sage garnish and return to the oven; bake 5 minutes, until butter is melted; serve hot.