Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
Source: KBYU's Culinary Creations with Mary Crafts
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon butter
- powdered sugar
- 2 cups apple pie filling or 2 cups fresh strawberries
- 2 tablespoons toasted almonds
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- With an electric mixer or wire whisk, beat eggs until frothy.
- Whisk in flour.
- Stir in milk and salt.
- Melt butter in a 10-inch oven-proof skillet.
- (Be sure the handle is not plastic!) Pour mixture into hot skillet and place in preheated oven.
- Bake 15 minutes or until pancake is puffed and golden.
- The center will be shaped like a bowl.
- Remove from oven.
- Fill with fruit, dust with powdered sugar and sprinkle with almonds.
- Serve immediately.
- (May divide into two 8-inch pan pizza dishes, cook for 7 minutes.).
This is just the basic German Pancake recipe I've always made (and seen), just cut in third. I didn't think it was too eggy at all. We usually just eat it with syrup, so the fruit was a nice change.
Not rating since it wasn't made with fruit or almond garnish, but I wanted to share my husband's comments. An avid German pancake eater, he felt this recipe was a bit too close to an omelet ("eggy"), even with the addition of powdered sugar and fresh squeezed lemon juice. Perhaps some tweaking would improve the flavor/texture for him.