Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is another version of Rinktum Ditty. I thought it different enough that it was worth posting. This is a quick light lunch, especially good during cold weather! I would love to know where the name came from! I have guessed on the preparation time. The recipe is from my Betty Furness Westinghouse Cook Book.
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed tomato soup
- 2 cups cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 6 pieces of toasted bread
- Heat the soup slowly over low heat.
- Add cheese and stir till melted.
- Add the dry mustard and egg.
- Continue mixing till heated thoroughly.
- Serve over the pieces of toast.
Super easy and nice warm meal to make for a WI winter lunch. I used leftovers from "recipe #201479" and used 1 C cheddar 1 C colby. All 3 children liked it and one child had seconds by dipping his bread in the soup. I love new ideas for lunch! Thank you so much.