Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a delicious cheesy casserole very easy to make. I adapted the recipe from a TV show.
- 1 lb rigatoni pasta
- coarse salt
- 4 cups prepared marinara sauce
- 1⁄2 lb fresh ricotta cheese
- 1 lb mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 1⁄2 cups freshly grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil; add salt and return to boil; Add rigatoni and cook until al dente, according to package directions, Drain; set aside.
- Preheat broiler:.
- In a large saucepan, bring marinare sauce to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Pour half of the sauce into a large bowl; set aside. Add cooked rigatoni and ricotta to saucepan with remaining sauce; stir to combine; bring to a simmer over low heat.
- Pour pasta mixture into a baking dish and top with the reserved sauce.
- Sprinkle with mozzarella and Parmigiano-Reggiano;Transfer baking dish to broiler and broil until cheese has melted, 6 to 8 minutes; Serve immediately.