Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 20 mins
Simpe recipe from Betty Crocker's Easy Entertaining (1992) cookbook. The comment before the recipe says "These patatoes are a big hit with children!"
- 6 medium baking potatoes, scrubbed
- 1 1⁄2 cups ricotta cheese
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 egg, beaten
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Bake potatoes about 1 hour, until tender.
- Cut thin lengthwise slice from each potato; scoop out inside, leaving a thin shell.
- Mash potatoes in a large bowl until no lumps remain.
- Mix in remaining ingredients and blend well.
- Increase oven temperature to 400 degrees.
- Place potato shells on ungreased cookie sheet; fill shells with potato mixture.
- Bake uncovered 20 minutes until filling is hot.
My family loved these. I added a little milk to make them a little more creamy. I would make these again.