Recipe by Buster's friend
Lovely tasty, filling & actually a rather healthy open faced sandwich - got it in an email from Cream Puffs in Venice. Never want to lose this - it is sooo tasty! Please use a good chewy flavorful bread for this - it makes the recipe worthwhile. I have used mixed seed, sourdough, pumpernickel - all home-made with recipes off Zaar. All with fabulous results.
- 2 slices bread, each one to one and a half inches thick (grilled or toasted)
- 1⁄2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1⁄4 cup pecans, chopped
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon mint, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Divide the ricotta in half and spread half on one slice of bread and the other half of the ricotta on the second slice of bread.
- In a small bowl, mix the pecans and the honey and then divide it equally amongst the two slices of bread, covering the ricotta with the pecan and honey mixture.
- Sprinkle both tartines with mint.
- Serve -- nom.