Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
- 1 1⁄2 cups fat-free ricotta cheese
- 1 cup low-fat milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg whites
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 slices crust-less bread, torn
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup black cherries, pitted & halved
- 1⁄3 cup cherry preserves
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- Preheat oven to 375'degrees.
- Coat 4 1 cup baking cups with nonstick cooking spray.
- In food processor combine ricotta cheese, milk, eggs, egg whites, lemon juice, vanilla, bread and brown sugar.
- Whirl til smooth.
- Pour into prepared dishes.
- Place dishes in baking dish filled with 1 inch simmering water.
- Bake 40-45 minutes til knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven, cool and then chill.
- Cherry Sauce: In small sauce pan combine cherries, preserves, lemon juice; mix cornstarch with water and add to cherries bring to a boil cook for 1 minute.
- Cool and chill.
- Serve over custard.