Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
I've been making this version so long I don't remember how it came about. I had to measure this out one day so my DIL could make it.
- 12 eggs, hard cooked
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper, fresh ground
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 dash lemon juice, to taste
- paprika, to taste
- Cut chilled eggs in half lengthwise.
- Remove yolks and place in a bowl.
- Reserve egg white halves.
- Mash yolks with a fork.
- Add all ingredients except mayonnaise and mix with the fork.
- Mix in mayonnaise until the mixture is creamy, but not too thin.
- Fill reserved egg whites with yolk mixture.
- Sprinkle with paprika.
- Cover and chill for at least 30 minutes.
I scaled this back to 4 eggs and it went down very well as part of our Christmas lunch. It was very easy to put together and was given the full 5 thumbs up by the two persones it was made for, there was one egg left over which I mashed with some mayo and made into a sandwich for the DM the next day which she thoroughly enjoyed (She said it reminded her of my late dads curry egg sandwiches - a great compliment as we made curry egg sandwiches out of dad's curry/deviled eggs - though MUM WOULD NOT EAT THEM - just the sandwiches. Thank you rickscott, made for Bargain Basment tag game.
was very very good..when I make these I also add a little pickle relish..try that sometime for a fresh change..