Recipe by rickscott
This is simple and quick to get cooking. I usually put it together the night before and pull it out of the refrigerator just before heading out to work. I'm sure any brand or home made chicken gravy will work fine.
Top Review by JohnsCutie
My family loved this. Personally, I thought it was too watery and bland and would never make it again. But they loved it! They said it tastes like chicken and dumplings without the dumplings. SO! the next time, chicken and dumplings it will be. I gave it four starts because they all liked it.
- 1 cut up chicken
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans chicken gravy, Campbell's
- 1 (8 ounce) jar mushrooms (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place all ingredients except mushrooms in crock pot.
- Cook on low 5 to 7 hours.
- Add mushrooms during the last half hour.
- If gravy is too thin, turn heat to high.
- Add 2 tablespoons cornstarch dissolved with 1/4 cup cool water.
- Flour can be used in place of the cornstarch, but doesn't seem to work as well because the crock pot doesn't quite reach a good boil.
- Note: Usually leaving the crock pot on for longer times is fine.
- If this dish is left too long the chicken will fall completely apart. Still good, but hard to serve.