Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
This isn't hot chocolate... it's dessert! Recipe comes from a local newpaper..
- 3 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1 quart milk, heated
- 3⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- garnish with whipped cream
- Stir chocolate and water in a medium saucepan over low heat until chocolate has melted (mixture will thicken).
- Gradually whisk in milk, then sugar and salt until evenly blended.
- Heat through and serve.
Well, this didn't go over too well with us but that may be because we're used to hot cocoa and not hot chocolate. I followed the recipe exact, using Bakers unsweetened chocolate, but it was a little bitter and not sweet enough. I did add more sugar, but it didn't cut the bitterness. I think this would be good for someone who really loves dark, dark chocolate. Sorry...this just wasn't for us.