Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This sounds so incredible, doesn't it? 8)
- 1⁄3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 2⁄3 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup light-brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter
- 1⁄3 cup oil
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup chopped salted peanuts without skins (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400° and prepare pans for 9 muffins.
- In a small saucepan, add chocolate chips and butter; melt, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a bowl, stir together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- In separate bowl, stir together milk, peanut butter, oil, egg and vanilla extract.
- Add dry mixture to wet mixture just until combined.
- Spoon half of batter into pans.
- Divide chocolate mix among muffins, a scant teaspoon per pan (don't let filling touch sides of tins).
- Spoon remaining batter over chocolate filling.
- Sprinkle tops of muffins with peanuts.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned.
These are really good muffins! The texture is a little dry which is typical of pb baked goods. My chocolate ended up more like a stripe than a filling so I'll have to spoon it in differently next time.