Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
I absolutely love chocolate and this pate is for the "true chocoholics". It is rich, smooth and worth every sinful bite!!!! A little goes a long way, so I usually serve this with fresh raspberries and kiwi. I got this recipe from our local paper.
- 15 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped (Valrhona or Callebaut)
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 egg yolks
- 1⁄2 cup icing sugar
- 6 tablespoons Cointreau liqueur or 6 tablespoons Grand Marnier
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder (for dusting)
- 10 ounces frozen raspberries, thawed
- 3 tablespoons berry sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Line a 9 by 5 loaf pan with parchment paper.
- Place chopped chocolate into the top of a double boiler; add cream and butter. Melt over medium heat, stirring until completely smooth. Remove from heat and let cool for 1 minute, continuing to stir.
- Whisk in egg yolks. Sift icing sugar into chocolate mixture, whisking constantly. Whisk in liqueur. Pour into prepared pan.
- Chill for at least 8 hours to set, or overnight.
- Unmould cake, removing paper. Dust top with cocoa powder. Drizzle a large spoonful of the raspberry splash on each plate. Using a hot, wet knife, slice cake and place on plate.
- Raspberry Splash: In a food processor, puree raspberries, berry sugar and lemon juice. Pass sauce through sieve to remove seeds.
- Note: I have taken this recipe and cut it in half quite successfully ~ or ~ I have placed the cake in 2 smaller loaf pans and frozen one. Freeze for 1 month.