Oh, what a incredible cookie recipe!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup sugar, plus
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 1/4 teaspoons finely ground dark-roast coffee beans
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1Preheat oven to 350°.
- 2Grease 2 large, heavy baking sheets.
- 3In double boiler (or a metal bowl set over a saucepan of barely simmering water): melt the unsweetened chocolate,1 cup chocolate chips and butter; stir until smooth.
- 4Remove top of double boiler or bowl from heat.
- 5In bowl with an electric mixer beat eggs, sugar and coffee on high speed until very thick and pale and forms ribbon when beaters are lifted (about 3 minutes).
- 6Beat in chocolate mixture.
- 7Sift in flour, baking powder and salt; stir until just combined.
- 8Stir in remaining chocolate chips and walnuts.
- 9Drop the batter by heaping tablespoonfuls about 2 inches apart onto baking sheets.
- 10Bake in batches in middle of oven 8-10 minutes, or until puffed and cracked on top.
- 11Cool cookies in baking sheets 1 minute, then transfer to wire racks to cool completely.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rich Chocolate Espresso Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (1125 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 168.2
- Calories from Fat 98
- Total Fat 10.9 g
- Saturated Fat 5.2 g
- Cholesterol 29.2 mg
- Sodium 32.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 13.7 g
- Protein 2.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: