Recipe by out of here
With 3 egg yolks, butter and a generous amount of brown sugar, this is one of my favorite puddings, so why not SPLURGE!
Top Review by Pale Rose
The texture was slightly grainy, but that could have been my mistake. The reason for the 2 stars is that I was disappointed that this recipe did not taste like butterscotch. The flavor was all right... but it was more like a brown sugar pudding than a butterscotch pudding. Thanks anyway, out of here!
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 3⁄4 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 cups whole milk
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 3 large egg yolks
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt the butter in a 3-quart heavy saucepan over medium heat. Add the 1/4 cup evaporated milk and brown sugar, stirring constantly; cook 2 minutes.
- Bring to a boil and cook 30 seconds.
- Remove from heat.
- Heat the whole milk in a heavy saucepan over medium heat; cook until tiny bubbles form around the edge (do not boil. Remove from the heat.
- Combine 3/4 cup evaporated milk, cornstarch, salt, and egg yolks in a medium bowl; stir well with a whisk.
- Gradually add hot milk. Stir hot milk mixture into brown sugar mixture.
- Cook over medium heat until mixture comes to a boil ,stirring constantly; cook 1 minute.
- Remove from heat; stir in vanilla.
- Spoon 1/2 cup pudding into each of 6 (6-ounce) ramekins.
- Cover the pudding with plastic wrap; chill 3 hours.