Recipe by Dotty2
This what I always make with my first pick of Rhubarb. I have had this recipe for a lot of years and have handed it out many times. So easy and such a wonderful taste. I take it as a little gift when we go on vacation to visit friends and family. Enjoy
- 5 cups sliced rhubarb (fairly thin)
- 5 cups sugar (or a bit less)
- 2 (3 ounce) packages strawberry Jell-O gelatin dessert
- 1 (15 ounce) package frozen strawberries (in liquid)
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring everything EXCEPT JELLO to a rolling boil.
- Stir constantly.
- Boil hard for 5 minutes.
- Lower heat some.
- Add Jello and stir until dissolved.
- Pour into 5 sterilized pint jars.
- Note: I prefer a smoother jam so I use my hand blender to get rid of some of the bulk.
- Some people prefer a chunky jam.
- I usually store it in my fridge but for a short time I'm sure sealed jars would be fine.
- It never lasts long enough at our house.