Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
This looks a good recipie, tasty and easy. I got this one from the Sunday Telegraph Magazine
- 8 ounces light brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground mixed spice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3 1⁄2 ounces stale plain cake or 3 1⁄2 ounces brioche bread, crumbs
- 3 ounces butter, melted
- 18 ounces rhubarb
- 2 cooking apples
- 4 tablespoons orange juice
- Mix the sugar and spices.
- Add 3 tbsp of this into the crumbs and pour over the butter.
- Trim the rhubarb and cut into chunks.
- Peel, core and slice the applies thinly and add to the rhubarb and the rest of the sugar and spice.
- Butter a shallow pie dish and put half the crumbs in the bottom.
- Add the fruit and pour over the juice.
- Put the rest of the crumbs on top.
- Bake for 20 minutes, loosely covered with foil, in an oven preheated to 108 deg Celsius 350 deg fahrenheit.
- Remove the foil and bake for 20 minutes more until the fruit is tender and top golden.
- Serve with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.