Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
If I don't post this well-loved recipe, I'll loose it along with the crumbling cookbook it comes from! This is made from easily obtainable ingredients and is nice to have around for fresh pork, ham, or lamb.
- 2 (20 ounce) cans crushed pineapple in juice, undrained
- 1 cup cider vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 cups brown sugar, packed
- 2 cups raisins
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup ginger paste (or 1 Tablespoon ground)
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed (or 3/4 teaspoon granulated)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- prepare jars in boiling water bath, keep hot.
- In large, heavy saucepan, stir together all ingredients.
- Heat to boiling then reduce heat to low.
- Stirring frequently, simmer slowly 40 to 55.
- minutes until chutney turns deep brown.
- Fill and seal jars.