Prep 50 mins
Cook 0 mins
A unique twist on the Reuben Casserole. This can be served with a quick mustard sauce...just mix together 1/2 cup each mayonnaise and mustard with 1 teaspoon minced onion.
- 1 (27 ounce) can sauerkraut, drained
- 2 medium tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup thousand island dressing
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 lb corned beef (thinly sliced or shredded)
- 2 cups shredded swiss cheese
- 2 2⁄3 cups Bisquick baking mix
- 1⁄4 cup crushed rye crackers
- 1⁄4 cup softened butter
- 1 teaspoon cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons molasses
- 1⁄2 teaspoon caraway seed
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- Spread the sauerkraut in ungreased 9"x13" baking dish. Arrange the tomato slices over sauerkraut, spread with dressing and dot with 2 tablespoons butter.
- Top with the corned beef and cheese.
- Bake at 375°F for 20 minutes.
- While the casserole is baking, mix together the baking mix, cracker crumbs, 1/4 cup butter, cocoa, molasses and caraway seeds.
- Add the milk and stir with fork to make a dough.
- Beat 30 seconds, smooth into a ball and knead 10 times on a surface dusted with baking mix.
- Roll the dough out 1/2" thick and cut out with a biscuit cutter or glass.
- Arrange the biscuits evenly over the top of the casserole.
- Bake at 375°F for 15 to 20 minutes or until the biscuit are golden brown.