Recipe by Sodak1951
Found this one on the foot network website, and it looked so different than any coleslaw I have ever made I decided to take a chance. Besides, I really like dried cranberries. Goes together very quickly, however, the next time I make it, I will put the dressing on about 1 hour before serving. The flavors are great, but I want to have the dressing do a little melding before serving. Enjoy!
Top Review by Nanners
I watched Paula Deen make this on her show and it looked so beautiful and refreshing - and I was right! I made it last night for a side dish and it was so tasty - even better the next day after it sat in the fridge overnight. The only change I made was to omit the sweet relish since I don't care for relish. It was sweet enough without it I thought. The flavors and colors are perfectly balanced - will definitely make regularly!
- 5 cups shredded cabbage
- 1⁄2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1 1⁄2 cups dried cranberries
- 1⁄2 cup diced celery
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green onion, both green and white parts
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon sweet pickle relish
- 1 tablespoon honey mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine cabbage, almonds, cranberries, celery, green onions and green pepper in large plastic bowl with snap on lid. Combine all dressing ingredients, adding salt and pepper to taste, and refrigerate until ready to serve. Pour dressing over slaw just before serving. Stir well.