Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
From Food Network
- 7 ounces pizza dough
- 1⁄2 cup canned tomato, hand crushed (recommended -- San Marzano)
- 2 ounces buffalo milk mozzarella cheese, sliced
- extra virgin olive oil, to serve
- 3 -4 fresh basil leaves, for garnish
- Place a pizza stone on the floor or the lowest rack of your oven. Preheat the oven to 500 degrees F.
- Pat the pizza dough into a 12-inch diameter circle and place it on a peel. Spread on the tomatoes and put on the fresh mozzarella. Slide the pizza onto the stone and bake for 8 to 10 minutes. When finished, sprinkle on a few drops of olive oil and garnish with basil leaves.