Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
My mom made these when I was a kid and now enjoy making them and sharing with friends. They are extremely rich and are great with a cold glass of milk.
- 1⁄2 cup margarine (1 stick) or 1⁄2 cup butter (1 stick)
- 2 cups peanut butter (smooth or creamy)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3 -4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 (12 ounce) bag semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons butter or 2 teaspoons margarine
- Melt margarine and peanut butter in microwave until butter is melted.
- Add brown sugar and mix well.
- Stir in powdered sugar one cup at a time. At some point, it will be difficult to mix with a spoon so I mix with my hands. Try to mix in at least 3 1/4 or more cups of powdered sugar.
- Place on a jelly roll pan and use your hands to flatten out over the pan.
- Place chocolate chips and margarine in a small bowl and melt in microwave, 30-40 seconds at a time until melted. Mix and spread over the peanut butter in jelly roll pan. Be sure not to over cook the chocolate.
- Cut bars into squares before placing in the refrigerator for an hour or so before serving.