Recipe by Kree
A patriotic treat, thanks to Mr. Food!
Top Review by TGirl,RN
This was wonderful !!! I've never thought of putting preserves into my milkshakes..this opens up a whole new DELICIOUS world !! Great consistency, awesome, bright strawberry flavor with the tang of blueberries...I couldn't be more pleased --A great recipe that is going to be put to plenty of use this summer with my Mom's homemade strawberry ice cream...Thank you for a fabulous recipe!! Teresa
- 1 quart strawberry ice cream
- 1 cup milk (Or 2 cups could be used if you like a thinner milk shake)
- 1⁄2 cup strawberry preserves
- 1⁄4 cup frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1⁄4 cup fresh blueberries, washed
Directions See How It's Made
- In a blender, combine the ice cream, milk, and strawberry preserves.
- Blend for 1 to 2 minutes, or until well combined.
- Pour into 4 glasses and top each with a dollop of whipped topping.
- Top with the blueberries and serve immediately.
- LIGHTEN IT UP: If you prefer to make a lighter version, simply use nonfat strawberry frozen yogurt in place of the ice cream, and low-fat milk and light whipped topping in place of the traditional varieties.
- This can also be made dairy-free by using Tofutti and soy milk in place of the ice cream and milk and leaving out the whipped topping!