Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Quick and easy, and full of flavor. A colorful and tasty addition to any meal!
- 1⁄2 lb mini penne pasta
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1⁄4 cup sun-dried tomato
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil leaf, sliced thinly
- salt and pepper
- Cook penne according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, pour boiling water over sun dried tomatoes, and allow to soak while pasta cooks (about 10 minutes).
- Microwave peas in a little water for 2-3 minutes until hot.
- Drain pasta, peas and sun dried tomatoes and toss together.
- Add butter or olive oil, parmesan, basil and salt and pepper to taste.
- Toss to combine and serve hot.
Very simple, very delicious and a very attractive presentation. I chose the olive oil and whole wheat penne. Wouldn't change a thing.
So simple and yet so delicious! I halved this recipe and used butter instead of olive oil. The butter and leftover "juice" from the sun-dried tomatoes combine to make a fantastic "sauce". The unusual combination of basil, peas, and parmesan works like a charm, with each flavour complementing the other and yet standing out! Thanks canarygirl, this was marvellous!
***** FANTASTIC! However by adding a few ingredients...(strips of grilled chicken, red, yellow and green pepper and even a bit of feta) this side dish quickly became a full meal deal. Thnx canarygirl, this is a keeper!!