Recipe by Benni
Tortilla chips you can easily make in your toaster! Due to the seasonings, they're red, but you can make white ones by only adding salt. (Then you could make some blue ones for a Fourth of July party! :-)) You might try making these in the oven if you want to do a large batch.
- 2 small corn tortillas
- paprika (to taste)
- salt (to taste)
- chili powder (chili con carne; to taste)
- cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray a toaster pan with cooking spray and tear the tortillas into 4-6 pieces each Place the tortilla pieces on the pan and spray them*lightly* with cooking spray Salt to taste.
- Sprinkle the paprika evenly over the chips.
- Add chili powder to taste.
- Place the pan in the toaster over and toast on the darkest setting if the tortillas are cold, or on a medium setting if they are room-temperature Once the toaster cycle is done, flip them and toast again.
- (You can add seasonings to the other side, if desired; just make sure to spray them lightly with the cooking spray so the seasonings stick.) Toast until crispy, but not burnt.
- This may take 3 toaster cycles if the tortillas were cold when you began.