Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a REAL pleaser. I love it. My kids love it. It's fantastic. And, most of all, it looks hard, and requires nothing more than a blender, a bowl, and a pan of oil.
- 5 tablespoons of soft butter
- 2 tablespoons of coarsely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon capers, rinsed and drained
- 2 garlic cloves, quartered
- 2 scallions, chopped coarsely
- 8 slices pancetta, italian bacon (hot, or mild see your local small grocery or deli)
- 4 (7 ounce) white fish fillets (red snapper works the best)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (for frying)
- Blend butter with parsley, capers, garlic and scallion until it forms a smooth paste.
- Spread 1 heaped tablespoon of butter mixture on one side of a fillet of fish. Cover with two (2) slices of the Italian bacon.
- Heat the olive oil in a large, heavy skillet, cook the fish, Italian bacon and butter side down until the bacon is crisp. Turn the fish carefully and finish cooking.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!