Recipe by StevenHB
I've made this a number of times and I always reduce the nutmeg and increase the cinnamon. I used 2 tablespoons sugar/bottle of wine. Adapted from an ancient cookbook we have.
- 1 large orange
- 1 large lemon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
- sugar (to taste)
- 1 1⁄2 ounces brandy
- 1 (750 ml) bottle red wine
- 1 cup club soda, chilled
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut 2 thick slices from the center of the orange, then from center of lemon. Remove seeds from slices and set aside.
- Squeeze juice from remaining parts of orange and lemon. Strain into 2-quart container. Add spices, sugar, brandy, wine, and orange and lemon slices; mix well. Cover; let stand 1 hour.
- Pour wine mixture and soda into a large decanter or serving pitcher. Pour over ice in tall, chilled glasses; garnish each glass with an orange slice.
- White Bordeau can be used instead of the red.