Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Those tiny beads of couscous can hold some major flavor. This zesty dish’s tangy citrus infusion will be passed around the table ‘til it’s long gone.
- 8 ounces couscous, Dry
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon dill, fresh chopped
- 1 teaspoon mint, fresh chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (8 ounce) can mandarin oranges
- Place water, salt, sugar, pepper and olive oil in a sauce pan and bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat and add couscous cover and let stand for about 7 minutes.
- Fold in oranges, juice, and fresh herbs.
- Let stand for 2-3 minutes.
- Chef's Tip:.
- Try adding raisins or dates for a different flair.
- Serving suggestion:.
- This dish is delightful with seafood or chicken.