Sparkling Honey Lemonade in Citrus-Salt Rimmed Glasses
photo by Annacia
- Ready In:
- 1 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 6 cups sparkling water or 6 cups still cold water
- 1 lemon, zest of
- coarse salt, of your choice
- lemon wedges or lime wedge
- Combine lemon juice and honey in a saucepan.
- Heat until honey is completely blended with the juice.
- Chill until cold, then stir and pour into a large pitcher. Add cold water and stir to combine completely.
- Mix lemon zest with finishing salt in a small dish.
- Rub the rim of serving glasses with a wedge of lemon or lime.
- Invert glass into dish of salt and turn to coat rim.
- Add ice and lemonade. Serve immediately.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Utterly delicious. I just happened to have very liquid honey on hand that was a dark amber color and it wasn't really difficult to mix it with the lemon juice without heating it. Once it was mixed I just added the Club Soda to the glass (I made 1 serving) along with the ice and it was ready in about 5-6 mins. I just dipped the empty glass rim in the juice and then the salt to rim the glass. Made for Newest Zaar Tag.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>Hello from suburban Fort Worth, Texas! <br /> <br /><br /> <br />______________________________________________ <br /> <br /> <br />*My rating system defined* <br /> <br />Very few recipes really knock my socks off - I love to cook but am not a gourmet. <br />This said: <br /> <br />***** - met all my expectations in taste & appearance; directions were clear & easy to follow. <br /> <br />**** - fell slightly short of my expectations in taste or appearance or directions were faulty or not completely clear. <br /> <br />*** - mediocre taste and/or appearance; most likely a recipe that I would not use again without much modification. <br /> <br />** - taste and/or appearance was not to my liking; a recipe that I would not attempt to modify or use again. <br /> <br />* - taste was absolutely not to my liking (I can't imagine ever using this rating as I can generally tell by the ingredients if I will enjoy the finished product or not) <br /> <br /> <br /><img src=http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e347/Saturn6666/chefbanner1.jpg alt= /> <br /> <br /> <br /><img src=http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j44/scmurray51/hagshat.jpg alt= /> <br /> <br /><br /> </p>