Recipe by Starfire (aka Wendy)
Those tiny beads of couscous can hold some major flavor. This zesty dish’s tangy citrus infusion will be passed around the table ‘til it’s long gone.
- 8 ounces couscous, Dry
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon dill, fresh chopped
- 1 teaspoon mint, fresh chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (8 ounce) can mandarin oranges
Directions See How It's Made
- Place water, salt, sugar, pepper and olive oil in a sauce pan and bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat and add couscous cover and let stand for about 7 minutes.
- Fold in oranges, juice, and fresh herbs.
- Let stand for 2-3 minutes.
- Chef's Tip:.
- Try adding raisins or dates for a different flair.
- Serving suggestion:.
- This dish is delightful with seafood or chicken.