That is Dr House to you's Note:
From Vegetarian Times. I fell in love with the picture. As much as I hate working with beets it made me go buy some. I used Feta in place of the blue cheese
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Note: Lettuces: lolla rossa, red butter lettuce, red belgin endive and [or] radicchio leaves. The more variety? The better the taste.
- 2Preheat oven to 375F Arrange beets in center of sheet of foil. Drizzle with oil and enclose in foil. Roast one hour or until beets are tender then cool, peel and quarter.
- 3Heat 2 tbsp walnut oil in skillet over med heat. Add bread, and saute 4 minutes or until golden brown. Transfer to plate to cool.
- 4Combine remaining 3 tbsp walnuts, oil, vinegar and shallots in small bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- 5Toss beets with half of the dressing in small bowl. Toss greens with remaining dressing in large bowl. Sprinkle salad with croutons and blue cheese. Mound beets in center of greens Sprinkle with walnuts. Serve.
Browse Our Top Lettuces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lettuces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Red Lettuce and Roasted Beet Salad With Walnuts and Blue Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (51 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 258.8
- Calories from Fat 236
- Total Fat 26.3 g
- Saturated Fat 4.8 g
- Cholesterol 10.6 mg
- Sodium 198.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 4.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
whole grain bread
mixed salad greens