Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 mins
A delightful change...Yield is 1 pint jar..so you might want to make extra just to have some to give away.
- 1 2⁄3 cups instant tea powder, mix
- 2 tablespoons instant sweetened pineapple orange drink mix
- 5 tablespoons red-hot candies
- Combine tea drink mix and orange pineapple drink mix in a small bowl. Place mixture into a pint jar. Layer red hot cinnamon candies on top of drink mix --
- Attach the following instructions on a gift tag.
- RED HOT SIPPER.
- Measure 2 tablespoons Red Hot Sipper drink mix into a drinking mug. Pour 1 cup hot water over drink mixture. Stir until well blended and red hot cinnamon candies are melted.
- Makes 16 cups of prepared drink.
I was searching for ideas to make for Christmas and came across this recipe, so I made me a cup to test out. I found that is a nice mix to have when you want a hot drink on a cold rainy or snowy day. I added some sugar to my cup(personal preference) its a bit to strong for me with using 2Tbs for 1 hot cup of water,next cup I will try using 1Tbs.of mix to 1 cup and see if I need sugar. Great gift idea too! I like the flavor!The red hot cinnamon candies add a nice touch to the mix. Thanks for sharing your recipe grandma2969!