Recipe by udita
Recently I visted a friend's place and she was preparing this chutney. The aroma itself was enough to tell you that this preparation is going to be yummy, and it was. This chutney comes from the South Indian state of Karnataka. People who can't tolerate chilli peppers might want to stay out of this chutney
- 3 tablespoons split channa dal, yellow
- 2 tablespoons scraped coconut
- 1 tablespoon Urad Dal, white
- 5 -6 red chilies, whole
- 1 sprig curry leaf
- 1 inch piecce jaggery
- 1 teaspoon of thick tamarind paste
- 1 teaspoon oil
Directions See How It's Made
- In a wok heat the oil and add the chana dal and roast it.
- when the dal starts to change colour add the urad dal and the chillies.
- Roast this till the dals turn into pink colour.
- Remove from fire and add the rest of the ingredients and let cool.
- Once at room temperature grind this into very fine paste adding water as required.
- Serve with practically anything ------- Rice, chappati, paratha, idli, dosa ------- .