2 hrs 15 mins
Clifford Boren's Note:
Cinnamonophiles will love this one. Try it on French toast.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Core the apples, but it isn't necessary to peel them.
- 2I like the texture of having the peels in the sauce.
- 3Dice them very fine.
- 4Tumble everything into a large pot and bring to a boil.
- 5Reduce to the slowest simmer you can arrange on your stove so the sauce won't burn on the bottom of the pot.
- 6Cover, stirring occasionally, until you reach the consistency you want.
- 7The longer, the finer texture.
- 8I usually cook it about 3 hours.
Browse Our Top Fruit Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Fruit Recipes
Nutritional Facts for "Red Hot" Applesauce
Serving Size: 1 (186 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 110.0
- Calories from Fat 2
- Total Fat 0.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 22.8 g
- Protein 0.5 g