Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cinnamonophiles will love this one. Try it on French toast.
Make and share this "Red Hot" Applesauce recipe from Food.com.
- Core the apples, but it isn't necessary to peel them.
- I like the texture of having the peels in the sauce.
- Dice them very fine.
- Tumble everything into a large pot and bring to a boil.
- Reduce to the slowest simmer you can arrange on your stove so the sauce won't burn on the bottom of the pot.
- Cover, stirring occasionally, until you reach the consistency you want.
- The longer, the finer texture.
- I usually cook it about 3 hours.
Very, very tasty! My mom used to do this... I used macintosh apples and regular white sugar. I have a food mill, so I cooked the apples and pureed them before adding anything else. I melted the candies in a small pan, then added them to the applesauce. After tasting that, I determined how much sugar I needed. (Not much.)